COVID TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER THE BAHAMAS (effective August 6, 2021): :
UPDATED – August 3, 2021
COVID TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (subject to change):Vaccinated passengers:• Every passenger that is fully-vaccinated is now required, by The Bahamas, to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen test or PCR) no more than 5 days prior to the embarkation date.• All travelers will need to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs. • Passengers will be required to bring Covid test result, proof of vaccinations (original card) and the approved Travel Health Visa, on travel day. This is a mandatory request by The Bahamas government. The embarkation may be denied due to failure of facilitating the proper travel documents. Unvaccinated passengers:• Every passenger 12 and older needs to have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than 5 days prior to the embarkation date.• All travelers will need to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs. • Passengers will be required to bring the negative COVID test result and approved Travel Health Visa on travel day. This is a mandatory request by The Bahamas government. The embarkation may be denied due to failure of facilitating the proper travel documents. Children and Infants:• Children between the ages of 2 and 11 will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen test or PCR) no more than 5 days prior to the travel date.• Children under the age of 2 are exempt from testing requirements.• Infants and children (no matter the age) will also need their own Health Visa
*At the moment no Covid test is needed to enter Florida when traveling by sea.
COVID MEASURES TAKEN BY BALEARIA CARIBBEAN:
All passengers will have their temperature taken by a member of our team before boarding. Any passenger with a temperature reading of/or exceeding 100 ℉ or 37.7 ℃ will be denied boarding.
All passengers are required to wear a face mask/covering at all times while in our terminals and aboard our vessel.
For the convenience of our passengers, we have also added additional sanitizer dispensers throughout our terminals and aboard the vessel. We have also added plexiglass dividers and informative signage in various areas throughout the vessel to promote safe distance between passengers and members of our crew.
If you have any questions or concerns you can write to email@example.com.
GENERAL DOCUMENTATION AND VISA INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS
In accordance with Customs, Border Protection (CBP) regulations, please be advised that all U.S. Citizen adults and minors must be in possession of a current, valid passport book or passport card as of, April 23, 2018.
*Note that Birth Certificates, Photo I. D, and naturalization documents ( Naturalization certificate) will no longer be accepted* Only PASSPORTS will be accepted for international travel. This applies to our day trip and overnight packages.
US RESIDENTS SAME DAY TRAVEL:
• US Residents must travel with Valid ARC (Green card).
• It is advisable to present the valid passport of country of citizenship at check in.
• If ARC is expired must bring the original extension document with expired ARC card.
US RESIDENTS OVERNIGHT:
• Bring ARC (green card) and must have passport of the country you were born in.
US CITIZENS SAME DAY TRAVEL OR OVERNIGHT:
- All passengers need to bring valid US passport or valid us passport card.
- EDLs are only valid for day trips and only apply for passengers from Minnesota, Michigan, New York, Washington and Vermont. The rest of the guests traveling for a day trip need to bring their passports.
- Euro border cards, sentry, nexus or global entry cards are not accepted.
- For current information on regulations for international travel, visit the travel section of the border protection home page: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html.
- Make sure your passport’s expiration date is more than 6 months after your travel date.
NON-US CITIZENS SAME DAY TRAVEL OR OVERNIGHT: (ENTRY FROM THE US OR CANADA TO BAHAMAS)
• Valid passport with *valid entry stamp (B1/B2 or w/t countries)
• Valid visa with multiple entries (all classifications)
• Waiver visa countries must have their Esta form
• F1 & M1 visas must have current original I20 form with valid signatures. Pg 2 travel authorization must have a current signature.
• J1 visas must have a current original DS 2019 form, completed with current signatures. Must have a current signature in the travel authorization box
• C1/D Visas cannot travel. C1/d’s can only travel on the carrier or vessel in which they are employed. They can travel if they sign off as a tourist and have a valid tourist, B1/B2 or B/1 visa or valid w/t entry stamp under their tourist visa.
• if there is no current entry stamp in your passport you must bring your boarding card or your ticket or if you are traveling with an electronic ticket you must have a copy of your travel itinerary and ticket number.
• F1 – You are allowed to travel within your 30-day grace period after expiration of F1 visa or I20 form. Please have a copy of your ticket of return to your country available.
• J1 & M1 visas cannot travel after their visa or I20 (M1’s) or DS 2019 (J1’s) forms have expired. your 30-day grace period allows you to stay in the us without penalty, not to travel international and reenter the us from a foreign destination other than your country of citizenship.
CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS: SAME DAY OR OVERNIGHT TRAVEL
• A valid passport of your country of origin of which expiry date, after return from the Bahamas, must not be less than 3 months (direct travel) and not less than 6 months if transiting through other countries such as the us.
• Original Canadian permanent resident card – must not be less than 3 months (direct travel) and not less than 6 months if transiting through other countries such as the US.
• Some countries require Bahamian visas to spend one or more nights on the island. Please check with the Bahamian consulate to see if your country requires a Bahamian Visa for overnight travel.
• If a person is born in one country and is a resident in another (other than the us or Canada), Bahamian visa documentation is required based upon the country of birth/citizenship.
• Click the following link to find out if you will need a Visa to enter The Bahamas based on your country.
• For information on Bahamian visa requirements please click on: http://www.bahamas.gov.bs/wps/portal/public/visiting/visa or contact reservations at Balearia Caribbean.
• Valid passport and valid U.S. visa (for travel into the United States).
• Arc (alien resident card holders) must have a valid passport and valid arc card
• Bahamian residents (not Bahamian citizens) must have a valid residency card of the Bahamas or a letter of permit to reside from the Bahamian ministry or a valid residency stamp in their valid passport of their country of citizenship
ONE WAY TICKET TO THE BAHAMAS
• Only Bahamian citizens or residents can purchase one way tickets from the us to the Bahamas, all other passengers must show proof that will leave the island with a different vessel or carrier.
• For information on the above requirements please contact our reservations department at Balearia Caribbean.
• Entry/exit laws and requirements are subject to change without notice.
Getaway Pack LLC is not responsible for any denied boarding due to failure to produce the proper travel documentation*
ACCESSIBLE FERRY JOURNEY
At Baleària, we believe that our ferry travel is something that everyone should enjoy. From boarding and disembarkation assistance to service animals, we are committed to providing our guests with ferry travel for everyone.
You can help us fulfill this mission by working with us in advance. Our specially trained and dedicated Access Coordinators at our Access Desk will discuss your needs and expectations so that they can arrange for your specific needs and will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your requests. If we are notified in advance, once you are on the ferry, Baleària Caribbean’s Access Officers will have notice of your requests and will also be able to assist you with your needs on the ship.
In order to make your ferry journey experience as enjoyable as possible, contact our Access Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or have your travel agent contact us.
We are determined to make your journey as convenient and enjoyable as possible for guests with disabilities, including:
– Priority check-in, boarding and departure
– Service animals are welcome onboard
– Upon request, a vessel orientation tour
We encourage you notify us of your needs at the time of booking.
Baleària Caribbean welcomes service dogs individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability on its vessels. Service dogs are not considered pets. Baleària Caribbean also welcomes pets onboard (small cats and dogs) as long as they remain in cages or carriers in a designated area of the vessel. Service animals and pets must present the necessary documentation for travel at the time of check-in.
Rules for Service Dogs Onboard
– Service dogs are permitted to accompany a guest with a disability in all public areas, including dining venues. While in public areas, service dogs must be on a leash, harness or other restraining device unless being tethered would interfere with the service dog’s work or your disability. In that case, you must maintain control of the dog through voice, signal or other effective controls. Due to health regulations, service dogs are not permitted in pools, whirlpools or spas.
– Care and supervision of the service dog is the sole responsibility of the owner. The ships are not required to provide food or care for the dog.
– Guests are responsible for the behavior or damage caused by their service dog. A cleaning fee may be charged to the guest’s shipboard account.
– If the service dog’s behavior creates a fundamental alteration or a direct threat to the safety of others, the dog may be denied boarding or removed from the ferry along with the owner at the guest’s expense. Examples include, growling, barking excessively, initiating unsolicited contact, biting other guests and/or crewmembers, sitting on furniture, eating from the table, etc.
You are responsible for ensuring compliance with these rules. Please make sure you have had the procedures for disembarking your service dog in your destination and your dog’s documentation is correctly completed.
Please notify our Access Desk at the time of booking but no later than 3 days prior to sailing
Guests may bring a reasonable quantity of food and bowls for the dog onboard the ship. If refrigerated space is needed, notify our Access Desk at time of booking but no later than 30 days prior to sailing.
Guests are responsible for obtaining all required documents for your service dog to depart the ship in any destination. A copy of these permits must be carried on the ship. The documentation and immunization requirements are established by government authorities and not required by Baleària Caribbean. Please note requirements are subject to change without notice.
So that we may provide you with any additional information you may need in order to sail with your working service dog and make arrangements in advance of your cruise, please contact our Access Desk at email@example.com, via our dedicated toll free number at (866) 699-6988, or have your travel agent contact us.
ASSISTANCE AT THE PIER
We offer boarding and departure assistance to guests in wheelchairs or with mobility disabilities. To request assistance at the pier, contact us 30 days prior to your cruise so that we may prioritize your assistance to go onboard. Wheelchair assistance for boarding is available from the check-in to the ferry. During peak times there may be a wait for assistance.
We will make reasonable efforts to assist our guests, but for safety reasons, our staff is not permitted to lift guests or equipment. Assistance with manual wheelchairs, walkers, canes, etc. will be provided to and from the pier.
We will provide reasonable mobility assistance to guests in accessing areas of the ship that are not accessible.
ANY OTHER SPECIAL NEED
If you have another type of medical condition that has not been mentioned, please inquire how we might make reasonable accommodations to meet your specific needs. Please note that not all accommodations may be able to be provided. note that guests should be fit for travel. We do not require guests to travel with a companion; however, our personnel are not required to perform personal tasks.
Pregnancy policy, minors, and babies
Any passenger who is 31 weeks or more into her pregnancy when embarking will not be allowed to sail. Prior to departure, pregnant ladies who are 24 to 30 weeks must submit, prior to departure, a letter from her physician certifying gestational period and that the expecting mother is fit to sail.
While the Authorities may not ask to see this documentation, if they do ask, and the traveler does not have it, may be detained until the circumstances of the child traveling without both parents can be fully assessed.
Adults traveling with children should also be aware that, while the U.S. does not ask sometimes for this documentation, other countries may have a requirement and failure to produce notarized permission letters and/or birth certificates could result in travelers being refused entry.
*Balearia Caribbean LTD is not responsible for any person(s) denied boarding due to failure to produce the consent letter
To request consent letter Form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Birth certificates are not accepted effective April 23, 2018
INFANT & CHILDREN TRAVEL CATEGORIES
- Children 2 years old and under travels free with an accompanying adult. (Pay only tax)
- Children 3 to 12 years old travels 50% off of the adult rates, excluding taxes.
- Children 13 years old and older regular rate
- Infants (0 – 6 months) may travel on board Balearia Caribbean. In the event of rough seas or inclement weather conditions, the Company may deny boarding of the infant at Company’s discretion.
- MINORS (under 18) traveling with an accompanying adult, who is not the minor’s parent or legal guardian is required a parent/guardian notarized consent letter at the time of travel (signed by both parents) with copy of a photo ID.
- Minors traveling with ONLY ONE of their parents ALSO require a notarized consent letter from the other parent not traveling, if this parent does not have the Consent Letter available, they must sign a Release Form, which is available at check in
- If there is no second parent with legal claims to the child (deceased, sole custody, etc.) any other relevant paperwork, such as a court decision, birth certificate naming only one parent, death certificate, etc., would be useful.
Safety on board
Being that Baleària Caribbean passenger safety is the number one priority for both the Captain and crew on-board, the ship Jaume II includes additional safety equipment. At the same time, the vessel complies with all pertinent services.
By complying with international safety regulations, the Balearia Caribbean staff will request that passengers show their Passport and boarding pass to access the pre-boarding zone. Port authorities control passenger access and baggage using scanners and walk-through metal detectors.
The application of international safety regulations involves restricting access to certain areas of the ship (such as the hold, where neither photos nor filming is allowed). All restricted access areas are duly indicated. Passengers are asked to respect these rules, as well as all other safety and protection measures.
The Jaume II also has closed circuit television. CCTV equipment is recording at all times to ensure the safety and security of both the ship and passengers against unlawful acts that might be committed on board.
Passengers may provide details regarding the particular care or assistance required in emergency situations to our call center agent while booking a reservation. Passengers making online reservations may fill out the Remarks field.
- Boarding the vessel with weapons, explosives, inflammable or other dangerous and/or harmful items of any type is prohibited. The same holds true for narcotics (except with medical prescription).
- No food or beverages may be brought on-board.
Travelling with your pet
To access the ship, all animals must have a reservation and have obtained a boarding pass, whether traveling in kennels supplied and equipped by Baleària Caribbean on the ship or in their own pet kennel or carrier. Pets will be charged as an additional passenger. Please, contact Baleària Caribbean to confirm the rates.
Currently, Baleària Caribbean only allows dogs on board. Dogs under 6 months of age are not allowed to travel. While on board, all dogs must be carried in their own approved pet carriers or restrained by a harness and leash, and never on the passenger seat. Owners are also requested to ensure that their pet does not bother other passengers.
During the crossing:
Dog would need a kennel and muzzle during the trip.
Small dogs (less than 11 lbs.) During the crossing, they will be located on the deck or in the place indicated by the crew.
Large dogs (over 11 lbs.) Must travel in a kennel; these are available on the ship for your convenience. Kennels are installed on the deck, properly ventilated and located in a suitable place, protected from rain and cold (except in the case of “service dogs” which may remain in the passenger area). While on board, out of the kennel, all dogs must be restrained by a harness and leash.
Pet owners are required to sign a liability waiver form releasing Baleària Caribbean of all responsibilities that may arise for the injury or death of an animal during travel.
Baleària Caribbean reserves the right to refuse to transport an animal for reasons deemed appropriate, such as: illness of a pet or an animal that demonstrates aggressive or violent behavior.
To enter the Bahamas, pets must travel with the proper documents. Pets must have a valid document certifying that it has been vaccinated against rabies within not less than 1 month and not more than 10 months prior to import for the 1-year vaccine. For the 3-year vaccine, it must be within no less than 1 month and no more than 3 years prior to import to the Bahamas.
All pets must have a Veterinary Health Certificate presented within 2 days of arrival in the Commonwealth of The Bahamas before a licensed veterinarian for an examination.
An import permit is required from the Ministry of Agriculture, Trade and Industry for all pets brought into the Commonwealth of The Bahamas. https://media.bringfido.com/country_regulations/bahamas_import.pdf
All pets entering the United States must have an APHIS Form 7001 completed by a registered veterinarian. https://www.aphis.usda.gov/library/forms/pdf/APHIS7001.pdf
The cost per dog is $100 each leg of the voyage. Reservations for them must be made in advance and may be done by emailing our customer service department at least 72 hours prior to departure to email@example.com.
Luggage Policy & Fees
As a courtesy to our guests, each adult passenger is allowed ONE carry on item free of charge. The complimentary bag must be 26.5 LBS or less, with maximum dimensions of 22”x18”x10”.
Passenger traveling with infants/children will be allowed one additional piece of luggage (26.5 LBS or less, with maximum dimensions of 22”x18”x10”) free of charge.
Bags exceeding 26.5 LBS or the one courtesy bag allowance will be subject to a charge of $25.00(USD) per bag, each leg of their voyage.
Over-sized bags or large items such as bicycles, kayaks, scuba equipment, etc., will be subject to a charge of $50.00 (USD) per item, each leg of their voyage.
Balearia Caribbean Policy:
Luggage may only contain the passengers’ personal items.
All guests checking in over-sized luggage & equipment (bicycles, kayaks, scuba gear, etc.) must register their items with Customs and Border Protection 24 hours in advance.
By registering your items you will ensure a swift and smooth re-entry to the U.S., with no duty requirements.
All checked in items must be securely packed and distinctly labeled with the passenger’s full name, address and telephone number.
Each checked luggage must accompany a passenger with a boarding pass.
Any checked in item not claimed upon arrival at the port of call will be stored for a period of 30 days. If the item in question is not claimed within that time frame it will be disposed of without any compensation to the guest.
Balearia Caribbean shall not be held responsible for any loss or theft of any guests’ luggage/personal items.
Guests are prohibited to carry or check in any of the following items:
CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
- The ticket is non-transferable.
- No refund will be applied for cancellations of special offers and one-day trips.
- Reservations submitted for cancelation 7 days before sailing, full refund.
- Booking cancellations submitted between 7-4 days before sailing, 50% penalty.
- Booking cancellations submitted 3 days or less before the sailing date, no refund.
- For date changes please read our New Flexible Policy.
- Any passenger who does not board the vessel for any reason, beyond the Company´s control, shall not be entitled to a refund or date change.
- The Company does not assume any responsibility, other than reimbursement of the ticket, in the event, the vessel, for which the ticket has been issued, does not carry out the stipulated journey, due to operational difficulties, weather conditions, unforeseen circumstances or majeure force.
- Balearia Caribbean LTD is not responsible for any denied boarding due to failure to produce the proper travel documentation*
NEW FLEXIBLE POLICY:
- A date change will be allowed without the addition of an administrative fee, as long as the change has been done 24 hours or more before the embarkation time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, for further assistance.
- If the change of date is done between 3 – 24 hours from your embarkation time a fee will be charged.
- If the date change is done 3 hours or less before the embarkation time it will be considered a lost ticket.
- Guests will be allowed to choose a date up to one (1) year from their purchase date.
- Cancellations will be subject to your specific ticket fare.
COVID TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER THE BAHAMAS (subject to change):Vaccinated passengers:• Every passenger that is fully-vaccinated is now required, by The Bahamas, to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen test or PCR) no more than 5 days prior to the embarkation date.• All travelers will need to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs. • Passengers will be required to bring Covid test result, proof of vaccinations (original card) and the approved Travel Health Visa, on travel day. This is a mandatory request by The Bahamas government. The embarkation may be denied due to failure of facilitating the proper travel documents. Unvaccinated passengers:• Every passenger 12 and older needs to have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than 5 days prior to the embarkation date.• All travelers will need to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs. • Passengers will be required to bring the negative COVID test result and approved Travel Health Visa on travel day. This is a mandatory request by The Bahamas government. The embarkation may be denied due to failure of facilitating the proper travel documents. Children and Infants:• Children between the ages of 2 and 11 will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen test or PCR) no more than 5 days prior to the travel date.• Children under the age of 2 are exempt from testing requirements.• Infants and children (no matter the age) will also need their own Health Visa
*At the moment no Covid test is needed to enter Florida when traveling by sea.
Deadline time · Baleària Caribbean
Remember that it is important to comply with the deadline times to avoid embarkation problems.
Beyond this time Baleària cannot guarantee you will be taken on board.
Check-in commences at 6:00 a.m., three hours before departure time. The terminal doors close at 8:00 a.m., which is one hour before the vessel departure at 9:00 a.m. We strongly suggest that guests plan to arrive between 6:15 a.m. – 6:45 a.m.
We provide all information required from the ports where we operate to ensure you suffer no incidents.